Wednesday, May 12, 2010

[Zebra_Trucks] Better than the Donnas and the Ramones put together

 



You have just deleted a message.Undo
Select: All, Read, None
Show: AllUnread
Today I have launched a new project.  I have made friends with 12 guys named Matt Love on Facebook. I know at least two of them are musicians.  This is the message I sent them today:


You may wonder why I have gathered you here together...



Between Matt Love, Matt Love, Matt Love, Matt Love, Matt Love, Matt Love, Matt Love, Matt Love, Matt Love, Matt Love, Matt Love, Matt Love and You



Matt Love May 12 at 6:40pm

I don't know how this will look in your inbox, but I have addressed this message to 12 (with me, 13, an auspicious number) Facebook friends named "Matt Love." I have gone out of my way to befriend people I don't know but that have the same name as I do because I have long dreamed of forming a virtual band made up entirely of people named "Matt Love." It would go one better than the Donnas and the Ramones, in that we would all have both the same first AND last names, and best of all, it would be our name. I don't know about you guys, but I was born with this name, and I'm fond of it.

By "virtual" I mean we would write and perform music long distance. I have done this several times, and have a few ongoing projects (including a band called "The Waiters" made up of me and musicians in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I have since traveled there 3 times and performed live with them on several occasions, so who knows where this might lead?!?). I know a couple of you guys self-identify as musicians. For all I know, others of you might play a bit of spoons, or kazoo... anybody who shows a desire will be included.

Assuming people are interested in this project, we have guitarists and bassists. There are a couple of Matt Loves on Facebook that play drums, but I don't think either has answered my friend request.

I think this could result in a certain amount of fame or at least notoriety. However, it's only a matter of time before other people think of this idea, so who's with me? Let's start writing and recording, what do you say?



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: