Friday, April 25, 2008

[Zebra_Trucks] Dateline: Paris

I am looking for a girl.

She will be in her mid-twenties, she will be playing her guitar ina  café, wearing a black beret, and singing charming songs about snails, and magical kingdoms hidden in the basement of the Louvre.

When she was 17, she had a small part in the movie, "Plan 18 From Outer Space."  Or was it, when she was 18, she had a small part in "Plan 17 From Outer Space"?

Whatever.

I will buy one of her CDs, and strike up an email correspondence with her, rave about her to my friends until they get quite tired of it, and start to wonder if there is something wrong with me.

She may think I'm nice, or she may think I'm a creepy stalker, and ask me to leave her alone.  One thing is for certain – she will resist any effort I make to influence her music.  When I suggest she cover "My Old Shotgun" (www.soundclick.com/mattlove) or "The Beezebub of Scrub A Dub Dub" (www.soundclick.com/thefrostheaves) she will simply not respond to my emails.

I have spent hours over the last two days, walking all over Paris, and all I've seen so far is a guy playing guitar, an amped up accordion player, and three hippies playing drums.  But it is destiny that I will find her.

Oh, yes. I will find her!

__._,_.___
Yahoo! Groups

Women of Curves

Discuss food, fitness

and weight loss.

Special K Group

on Yahoo! Groups

Learn how others

are losing pounds.

Find helpful tips

for Moderators

on the Yahoo!

Groups team blog.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: